What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attachement Delete Bug Gone!?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I managed to delete an image and upload a new one to a thread today. Always got an error before. Super huray!!

I don’t know if it’s the update to iOS (latest public beta) or the forum. Either way, it’s great news for those of us who occationally forget to edit out sensitive content from screen shots.

Before, you had to delete the entire post to get rid of an unwanted image.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep, I noticed changes in image management on the forum not too long ago - was not easy before to handle images and deletion in the past always brought up a similar error(s) for me; plus, I have also deleted entire posts (of course, after saving the body of the message) just to reload images - now the pics appear in the body of the post and deletion is possible - I cannot remember if the change came w/ an iOS update and/or was possibly due to a forum software change? Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a forum software change, on September 6. I remember that I edited a post with one of my images, just because I could do it. :)

I still do have another problem, though. When I try uploading photos to the forum, I often get an error message (they are too large). Even those taken with my iPhone.

Last edited:
OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It was a forum software change, on September 6. I remember that I edited a post and one of my images, just because I could do it. :)

I still do have another problem, though. When I try uploading photos to the forum, I often get an error message (they are too large). Even those taken with my iPhone.

I had the issue with a short video. With photos, I usually downsize them before uploading anyway. There is no point in uploading a full sized photo for display on the web. I use a couple Workflows which I can do from the share sheet. Makes it relativly painless.

I can share the Workflow(s) and how I use them, if anyone is intersted.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a forum software change, on September 6. I remember that I edited a post and one of my images, just because I could do it. :)

I think that the maximum uploadable photo size was reduced during the last forum update.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would be interested. :)

Here is a video showing it in action:

It shows how I use it when annotating a Safari screenshot. The use is similar in other applications.

Here is a link to the workflow I used:
WebSize

This checks whether the image is taller or wider, then sets a new maximum width based on that. It saves the downsized image to an album in Photos named WebSize (you must create the destination album in Photos). You can adjust the sizes if you don’t like them. They are a tad on the low side.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts