What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atomic browser does not http authentification

vroum_1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Atomic browser (last vesrion) does not remember the passwords it is annoying.
Is there an option I missed or is it a bug ?
Thanks

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also use atomic and all the websites/forums I belong to have a lil check box for "remember me" beside the username/password login fields which works.

heyholetsgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Damn, this is so annoying... Any way I can fix this? I thought Atomic saves passwords...
Which other browsers can do this?

heyholetsgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Browsers won't store passwords

I downloaded several third party browsers and I really prefer them over Safari if there weren't one "tiny" detail. Neither Terra, Icab nor Atomic save my passwords.Wtf? There must be something wrong with my Ipad because Safari does save the Passwords....
My Ipad is NOT jailbroken. I have enabled auto fill forms. Is there any other option i the Browser settings I haven't found?

Thanks for help!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the Atomic Browser myself. According to their website it is capable of saving passwords...

HTTP authentication passwords can now be saved and autofilled

I don't have time to look right now, but I suspect it's a preference setting. Check their website for more info...

http://atomicwebbrowser.com/

Since you've already started a thread on this subject, the two will be merged.

I've used iCab as well and it will save passwords. In the toolbar click the "+" sign And select "save forms".

Hope that helps and enjoy your iPad!

Last edited:

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the way it is meant to work is that, when you tap to enter a username and password on a web site, the keyboard will show options including "save" and "fill". You use these options.

Cheers,

Geoff

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the way it is meant to work is that, when you tap to enter a username and password on a web site, the keyboard will show options including "save" and "fill". You use these options.

Cheers,

Geoff

This is how Atomic Web works for me. I log in almost daily to IPF via Atomic - once the forum loads, I press the "User Name" block and then, when the keyboard comes up, I press "Fill" (on the keyboard). My info gets entered and I press Log in. This works on all sites I've got log in info saved...

One thing I have notice about Atomic, however. You have to be at the specific screen where you initially saved your log in information. For example, the IPF log in screen is where I've saved my password data (iPad Forum). However, when I sign out, I get an option to sign back in again. But, since it is not the same web address as the initial screen, the log in information will not work. Atomic is very specific as to which URL that log in information is attached. I hope that makes sense...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts