What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Art apps

Couriant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

This may be the wrong forum to post so forgive me. My almost 8yo loves to draw and I got him an iPad with the apple pencil for his birthday. I was wondering if there were any apps that are good for him to use. Also, are there any apps that can allow him to create comic strips?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If he likes Shonen Jump manga, then there is a drawing/tutorial app called Jump Paint. I grabbed it on impulse, but have not explored the features, so do a bit more research before you decide.

Adobe Sketch is a relatively simple drawing app, with fewer tools and a less cluttered interface than the powerhouse drawing apps. Sketches Pro has a clean interface and more tools.

There are probably simpler, child oriented apps out there, but these two will give your son more power to experiment and learn than an overly simplified drawling app.

Search the store for Marvel and DC Comics. there are bound to be a few coloring and drawing apps. No idea if they are any good.

I also find the Draw With Jazza videos on YouTube entertaining and sometimes informative. There are bound to be a lot of other anime and comic drawing tutorials on YouTube. You’ll want to watch and approve them yourself.

Don’t overlook the good old drawing tutorial books. They are just as compatible with a tablet as they are paper and pencil.

I’m just a doodler, so that’s all I’ve got.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After reviewing the Draw with Jazza videos (recently renamed to just Jazza), I fear that not all episodes may be age appropriate. I only watched a few that piqued my interest, and didn’t catch the full range of his topics.

OP
C

Couriant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reviewing the Draw with Jazza videos (recently renamed to just Jazza), I fear that not all episodes may be age appropriate. I only watched a few that piqued my interest, and didn’t catch the full range of his topics.
No worries! He is very creative (and smart) and I will look into those apps to see if it works for him. If you (or anyone else) have any other ones I appreciate any advice.

Thank you twerppoet!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Isn’t Comic Life a reader? At least that is the only Comic Life I can find.

I remember seeing a very professional comic creation app in a review, but can not remember the name or find it in the App Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts