What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apps

1ade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all New on here
My Ipad is saying I have to pay for all free apps & takes me to my banking details to request money.Anyone else having this problem:mad:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe you need a credit card entered in your iTunes account, or a positive iTunes Card balance. This is true whether the is free or not. If you set up a credit card it will charge you $1 then immediately refund it. This is to make sure the account is valid.

You could try this if you don't want to use a credit card.

Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

I suppose I could rant about it, but Apple is hardly the only store that requires valid financial data before it will let you download anything, free or not.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When mine did that on my iPad I changed my credit card info to "none" and it stopped asking.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first began using my iPad with iTunes I did not have a credit card associated with it. I downloaded tons of free apps before getting an itunes card. When I custom ordered my Mac air I used a credit card. From then on I had a credit card on my itunes account. While making iTunes purchases, I always use iTunes cards I began getting prompts to update my credit card info security number. I just changed the credit card info to none and haven't been prompted since. I usually look for iTunes card deals. Recently I was able to buy 25 dollar iTunes cards at Gamestop for 20 bucks. Sometimes a get 3 pack of 10 dollar iTunes cards for about 27 bucks. All this started when I got my iPad 1 so perhaps things have changed since then?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks.

I wanted to know so that I could avoid giving wrong information.. It appears I was wrong about needing a positive balance in the store. We'll have to wait and see if changing the credit card info to none works for the OP.

Most reactions