What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps question

mike54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on my android phone when apps start getting buggy I can clear the cache and restart the app that fixes most of my problems
where can I do that on my iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting the app and re-installing it would take care of the problem as long as the app is still available in the App Store for re-downloading.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The equivilent on the iPad is to swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen till you see the app thumbnails. Then swipe up on the app’s thumnail to clear it. This removes the app from active memory and clears any current catches. The next time you tap on the app it starts fresh.

There are some excpetions to this that might require deletion of the app, as SciFan mentioned, but that should be a last resort. You may lose important progress or other data when deleting an app.

This works in iOS 12. Older versions of iOS have different ways of getting to this screen (called app switcher or multitasking screen depending on the iOS version).

E0CC1D44-3832-41F5-8C7F-C49962E6A5BA.png

OP
M

mike54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for those suggestions but neither did any good,
The problem I’m having is with Facebook market place when I click on a house/apartment rental or a vehicle for sale it opens a blank screen everything else opens fine and I can open them on my android.
This just started within the last week

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Facebook apps are some of the apps that can cause problems necessitating force closing or even deletion to stop unwanted behaviour.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It certainly sounds like a problem with the app. I can’t offer any sluggestions on the app itself. I don’t use Facebook. I suggest you go to FaceBook’s support and ask your question there. In the mean time, you can try using Facebook via Safari and see how that goes.

Most reactions

Latest posts