What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for ADHD

Danno1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our daughter was recently diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

The diagnosing Doctor recommended, amongst other things, brain games to help improve on focus and on process driven disciplines. I would be grateful for any recommendations of iPad apps which we should consider.

Thank you.

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards.
Although I am not a professional I am very sensible to this syndrome since there is someone in my family with it. It is sometimes very difficult to recommend an app without knowing more details, age specially. Anyway I would recommend some musical games, sound toys and similar.

From my app library I would recommend you:

Nodebeat

Monolith Loop

Soundrop &

Square&ball (this one is no sound toy but a sort of gravity game, beautiful)

there are many more of course.

Hope it helps you just a little. I'll keep an eye also in this thread and maybe some dev is already crafting some more specific app. :)

Best!

MacBing Bong

OP
D

Danno1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MacVaio,

Thank you very much for your prompt response I will most certainly check out the apps you mention and share your hope that someone is busy on other apps that may be helpful.

Best regards and once again thank you.

Regards,

Danno

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Danno1, browsing today I found this guy Emmanuel CROMBEZ who made this little coloring app, cute:

Mandalas for children

also a free (for some time) app more abstract called

i-LOGO

going to d/load it, may be interesting.

All the best.

MacSongify

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gotta tell you Danno brave post. I too have it and I think it's a good part of the reason I love the iPad so much. As opposed to doing something that doesn't react back like reading a paperback, almost any interactive activity is how I function best. I learn by doing and trying as opposed to reading a how to or instruction manual for instance. With the iPad, I do something, it reacts in kind and so on...

Let us know how old she is and what her interests and or hobbies are and we will suggest specifics.

If there is a topic she is interested in and she can interact with an appropriate application, I think it will work wonders.

Most reactions

Latest posts