What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps closing

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Started noticing after using the iPad for a few days, the apps like iMessage and AppStore when opened would NOT stay open.
The only way I got it to work was to reboot (the white apple), any guess as to what this might be?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You didn't say what version of iPad and iOS you are running, but, remember that iPads are computers. Every now and then, they will need a restart or a reset to get them sorted out.

It's just the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. Plus, the AppStore gets pretty hammered at times, so I'm sure it gets bogged down. And, I also understand there is an issue with iMessage, so that may affect things to.

Again, if you experience issues with the iPad, it is usually best to do the restart or reset to give it the swift kick in the software that computers often need. :)

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using iOS 7

I never had this happen before the upgrade.

I do have to restart...way more than I did before the update from 6 to 7.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iOS 7 upgrade was pretty major, not just in looks but a lot of the backend was updated.

It's not unusual for the first few versions to be less stable than older versions. This should be ironed out as minor bug fixe updates get rolled out. I'd expect the first real bug update within the next month, but that's pure speculation. The previous two (very minor) updates were rushed out to fix security issues, rather than being major bug squashers.

So, yes, I've noticed a few more crashes, minor problems, and one or two just plain odd moments, but not enough to make a huge difference. At least not for me.

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will keep tabs on the non start of apps, and continue to monitor them.

I suspect you are right about the updates.
Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts