What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's iPhone and iPad Trade-in Program Expands to Customers in Australia

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
9881-1832-1407-14-Aus_Trade-l.png

Australian customers can now bring older iPhones and iPads to receive up to A$250 to use in a new device purchase. Apple has issued an official statement, announcing the Australian availability of its in-store iOS device trade-in program, which will offer customers in the country up to A$250 (about $234) for iPhone and A$215 (about $202) for iPad trade-ins.

MSN affiliate Australian publication ninemsn was the first one to report the story:

The latest models - the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, and iPad Air - are not eligible for the credit, nor are Apple's first-generation models, though customers can still bring them in for recycling. The program, which first launched last August in the United States, helps Apple bolster its green credentials.

Yet it also helps the company retain customers, giving them an incentive to remain in Apple's ecosystem rather than defecting to rivals such as Samsung. Apple has for years offered various recycling initiatives for several devices via its website. But by encouraging customers to visit its stores, Apple increases the likelihood that they might pick up other gadgets.

However, the latest iOS devices like the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and iPad Air, and also first-generation products, are not eligible for credit. This makes sense since the latest ones contain parts that are probably too expensive while those from the first waves have innards that are pretty much useless.

Since debuting its trade-in program in the U.S. last August, Apple has gradually extended it to the UK, Canada, Italy, France and Germany under the Reuse and Recycling banner. Now, Australia is the latest country on the latest.

Have you ever recycled your old iPhone or iPad? If so, let us know your experience by leaving your comment below.

Source: ninemsn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well this is good news! Yay!!

I've never traded in an old anything but you just never know, so this may come in handy one day!

I'm just glad OZ now gets included!

Now how about Apple Care + in OZ.....that would be brilliant!!

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish I could receive credit for my IPhone 3 gen. for the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Most reactions

Latest posts