What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Watch Pre-Sales Have a Rough Start; 6 Hour Sellout and Many Ship Dates Pushed Back to June

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-watch-metal-band-floppy.jpg

We can't say the Apple Watch pre-order launch "went off without a hitch." In fact, there were quite a few hiccups. We have reports filtering in of folks not even being able to login to the Apple Store until 2:15am CT. This was despite trying to get online at 2am and hitting refresh for 15 minutes straight.

Eventually folks were able to log-on, and the initial pre-order screen gave them bright news of a May release date. Sadly, that too was turned sour for some. After finalizing the order, a new ship date of June was revealed (and this was after getting the order finished by 2:19am)! While this does match the 4-6 weeks suggested at the beginning, it definitely leans toward the longer end of that estimate.

That's not all of the bad news, though. Six hours after the Apple Watch went on pre-sale, it is now out of stock. Presumably, Apple is holding some of the watches back so they can eventually have a smattering of devices to sell in retail stores. In all fairness to Apple, they did forewarn us that they expected demand to outstrip the supply.

Even though there are obviously quite a few folks out there disappointed by how things turned out, we have to chalk up a victory for Apple again. Their newest gadget seems to be another big hit!

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used the Apple Store app on my iPhone to order an Apple Watch and had no problems at all in getting my order in within the first minute of the app going live at 01:01 local time.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to try it before preordering it. My expected ship date is June although there seems to be some hope it might arrive sooner.

I'm glad I decided to try a few on. I ended up ordering a different one from the one I'd initially planned to buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pre-orders scheduled to start at 8am in UK.
I kept refreshing until Apple Store opened at 8.05.
My order confirmation email is time stamped 8.06.
4-6 week delivery! :-O
Keen to know if anyone in UK gets 24th April delivery (and with which watch).

Most reactions

Latest posts