What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Set to Launch Three New iPad Pro Models This Spring

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple to launch three new iPad Pros in spring 2017.JPG

AppleInsider reports that according to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple will be releasing three iPad models in the second quarter of this year, between April and June, none of which will be an iPad mini model.

Writing in a security note to investors, Kuo said that he expects Apple to launch 12.9-inch, 9.7-inch and 10-to-10.5-inch iPad Pro models with narrow bezels. The 9.7-inch model is thought to be the low-priced option.

The 12.9-inch and 10-inch-plus models are likely to have an updated version of the iPhone 7’s A10 chip, possibly called “A10X,” which, Kuo says, will be made by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC).

The 9.7-inch iPad Pro, which Kuo expects to account for between 50% and 60% of all shipments, will most likely have an updated version of the iPhone 6s’s A9 chip, which Kuo says will be made by Samsung.

Kuo did not mention any news about Apple updating its iPad mini range, which has not been updated since September 2015, with Apple focusing more on the iPad Pro range in the interim.

Source: Apple on track to launch three new iPads in spring 2017, but none of them mini

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hmm interesting. I guess they feel the minis that are currently out there are good enough for the time being.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is a rumor. Apple has made no announcements about what models of iPads they will or will not ship this Spring. It's even possible they won't ship any; though that's pretty unlikely.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope the mini is not going bye bye. I just bought a brand new ipad mini 2 recently. it was my first and only ipad to date.

Most reactions