What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Sells Three Million iPads in 80 Days

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Phileas Fogg may have gone around the world in 80 days, but Apple has done even better than that and sold three million iPads in 80 days, according to a press release issued from its Cupertino headquarters today.

“People are loving iPad as it becomes a part of their daily lives,†said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We’re working hard to get this magical product into the hands of even more people around the world, including those in nine more countries next month.â€

The press release has more of those key facts that Apple loves, including the news that developers have created over 11, 000 new apps for the iPad.

Meanwhile there are still stock shortages in every country where the iPad is on sale, making one think that if only Apple had actually managed to manufacture enough iPads for everyone who wanted one at launch, it would have sold much more than three million by now, as impressive as that figure undoubtedly is.

Source: Apple

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not surprised.
Went to the glaziers this morning. Entered their post code into google maps, pulled up street view and checked their parking. Used maps to get there and when I went in with the iPad and my order they all crowded round for a free demo.
Could have sold three on the spot.
This must be happening everywhere.
Once people get to play with one they catch the magic.

alanok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for a little while now and my friends have been salivating all over it. I'm sure one by one they'll be picked down by Apple's iPad sniper machine.

iPadHole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadhole.com
Same thing with me. I've had the iPad for awhile now and my friends love it. One friend purchased a Kindle and I think now regrets it. It's just more than an e-Reader and that is why people love it.

Mv350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i defiently got sucked in after playing with one for no more than 10min. damn you apple:p

cab4872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree that using one helps to sell them. In fact, I rented on at www.theipadrental.com and had such a great experience that I immediately went out and bought one!

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhere that some pundits were expecting Apple to sell 60 million iPads by 2013. I guess that assumes that the world is still around after 2012!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having an iPod touch for a few years, I kinda laughed at the idea at first.

Then I got to try one out for a bit at Best Buy. I kinda liked it...

Still thought it was pricey for what it was, but slowly justified it in my head enough to order 2 after selling off 2 NetBooks I had.

My main reason for the netbooks was to get to my work Email and a browser when I did not want to sit at my desk. I can get to what I need to with LogMeIn app, and still have all the gaming\apps advantages of the iPad.

Most reactions