What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Confirms First Day iPad Sales Of Over 300,000

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-sales-apple.jpg

The first day results are in! Apple has just released a press statement confirming that it sold over 300, 000 iPads in the US as of midnight Saturday, April 3rd. These figures include deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores. Apple also announced that iPad users downloaded over one million apps from Apple’s App Store and over 250,000 ebooks from its iBookstore during day one. Apple CEO Steve Jobs is quite pleased! Here’s what he had to say:
“It feels great to have the iPad launched into the world – it’s going to be a game changer. iPad users, on average, downloaded more than three apps and close to one book within hours of unpacking their new iPad.â€
Is it just me, or does anyone else not know exactly what “close to one book†means?!
By Maura Sutton
Apple iPad Forum

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"close to one book"... how many of those were free books? I downloaded several free books and no paid ones (yet).

iBooks is gonna have to beef up their collection. I was looking for a FLEX development book. I found dozens in the Kindle app and not a single one in the iBooks app. Same goes for development. Dozens of dev books as well as just hundreds of books about the iPhone in general in the Kindle app... when I search for iPhone in iBooks I get "Did you mean ione?" and not a single book shows up. Apple REALLY needs to work on the publishers to beef up the selection.

Most reactions

Latest posts