What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Launches iOS 8.0.2 to Make Up for 8.0.1 Fiasco; New Update Still Has Issues

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ios-802-update-stuff.jpg

To say Apple's launch of their latest iOS 8 update hasn't gone very smoothly is an understatement. One of the worst possible outcomes occurred from the iOS 8.0.1 update: it stopped cellular connectivity (as well as TouchID functionality). This lead Apple to issue an apology and crank out a quick 8.0.2 update, which they have begun pushing out today.

Ironically, most of the issues with the 8.0.1 update occurred on the newest Apple device, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. According to Apple, less than 40,000 iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus devices were affected by the trouble. That is still a significant number of unhappy customers with new iPhone 6 variants which are basically useless without rolling back to the previous iOS 8.

Sadly, all is not rainbows and unicorns yet in iOS update land. There are already reports in Australia of users still experiencing the same issues, even with iOS 8.0.2. It doesn't look as wide-spread as the 8.0.1 update problems, but we can't imagine Apple is too thrilled about it.

You might consider waiting to update until after Apple has completely ironed out all of the bugs.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the developers themselves or its just compatibility issues with iOS 8 keyboards, but sometimes when you need to type something they show up too late, or sometimes they are unresponsive. Another problem I have is Spotlight suggestions and Bing results, can't they make it compatible to all countries except of only supporting 15 countries? Also another problem I have with iOS 8 is the terrible downloading speed and wifi speed. Sometimes they don't download/install at all and sometimes small apps don't download/install for an hour.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wifi speed is no different to what it was before. I suggest some issues are overloaded servers particularly in the Philippines Just give it time. As for keyboards I use the plain Jane keyboard. Developers can take some time to update there apps Hope that helps I mystified about issues in Australia. Oh one more thing I know of 20 users now on 8.02 and have no issues.

iSkipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you still have the 'send as sms' function under the settings messages tab utilising IOS 8.0.2 on an iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't recall ever seeing it on the iPad. The iPhone, yes, but not the iPad.

The iPad should now send and receive SMS when iMessages is not available, but only if you've got an iPhone on the same iCloud account and it's enabled on the iPhone under Settings > Messages; but I haven't done any testing.

Most reactions