What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple is so dissapointing, where can i get a youtube app with good quality videos

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using ios6, i have tried the "youtube app" but it has bad quality. The ios5 app was good. Help

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Highspeed123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The removal of the iOS native YouTube app was no big loss, it has always been better via the web browser. Just save to homepage. If you must have an app try Jasmine. It's a good YouTube client and it is very well designed....better than the never updated YouTube app of old. :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am using ios6, i have tried the "youtube app" but it has bad quality. The ios5 app was good. Help

There seems to be a developing argy-bargy between Apple and Google, with Apple booting Google's YouTube off its line of pre-installed Apps. This is widely known, if not happily accepted, by now. And it can be assumed, I think, that Apple is working on a replacement, if not something that may trump Google in this area. Same with the Maps replacement which Cook in his apology indicated will be worth waiting for.

So, re your request for help, many members have found Jasmine as not a bad App to replace YouTube. Try it. Don't sell your iPad yet (smile)
Regards, Andrew
EDIT: Gawd I've got to learn to type quicker! IQ_OC fast as usual and Highspeed123, the name says it all, got there by 4 minutes!

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB said:
There seems to be a developing argy-bargy between Apple and Google, with Apple booting Google's YouTube off its line of pre-installed Apps. This is widely known, if not happily accepted, by now. And it can be assumed, I think, that Apple is working on a replacement, if not something that may trump Google in this area. Same with the Maps replacement which Cook in his apology indicated will be worth waiting for.

So, re your request for help, many members have found Jasmine as not a bad App to replace YouTube. Try it. Don't sell your iPad yet (smile)
Regards, Andrew
EDIT: Gawd I've got to learn to type quicker! IQ_OC fast as usual and Highspeed123, the name says it all, got there by 4 minutes!

It's not that Apple booted YouTube from it's list of pre-installed apps, their licence to include it had expired and wasn't renewed. Google already has an iPhone version of its YouTube app available and we will likely see an iPad optimized version in the future.

Last edited:
OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There seems to be a developing argy-bargy between Apple and Google, with Apple booting Google's YouTube off its line of pre-installed Apps.
Google did not develop the native YouTube app for previous versions of iOS. It was Apples app connecting to YouTube servers. Despite the fact there is no YouTube app for iPad currently, this will only benefit consumers because we now have access to a larger range of content on YouTube that was specifically denied to us because Google didn't code the previous app.

Most reactions