What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple iPad Pricing Starts at $499

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-ipad-pricing.jpg

Once again Steve Jobs has pulled off a miracle, coming at us with a device he kept under wraps and at a price that beats what anybody was estimating.

The Apple iPad pricing starts at just $499 and works it's way up from there. Here's how the pricing is broken down.

iPad with just Wifi: 16GB/$499, 32GB/$599, 64GB/$699
iPad with Wifi+3G: 16GB/$629, 32GB/$729, 64GB/$829

Update: Wifi only models ship in 60 days, 3G models ship in 90 days.

Feel free to discuss!

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That price point is huge! I seriously thought it start a LOT higher than that...good job Apple!

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another apple device with a terrible network as AT&T. I don't think they will be selling many of the 3g version.

AHMBE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a newbie to the tech talk so forgive my ignorance in advance. I currently have a Ipod touch and was holding off on the Iphone to get the detail of the islate.. Ipad. My question is with 3g service can it be used with skype or the like as a phone or is the device a phone as well?

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a newbie to the tech talk so forgive my ignorance in advance. I currently have a Ipod touch and was holding off on the Iphone to get the detail of the islate.. Ipad. My question is with 3g service can it be used with skype or the like as a phone or is the device a phone as well?

It doesn't seem to have any phone qualities at this point. The 3G is more for internet in no wifi areas or on the run.

Skype or Google Voice could potentially work on this device with an app.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Something i can afford! But i wish they had verison 3G network..

Raeuber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woah this looks like an amazing device. And the price is within reason (compared to other Apple products)

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woah this looks like an amazing device. And the price is within reason (compared to other Apple products)

Yeah I think it still has a little ways to go, like I think it needs a camera and maybe some multitasking, but the price point is really where it shines!

Raeuber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ Agreed. Charging for 3G is weird too,l as it obviouly doesn't include service.

AHMBE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the built in Speaker and Mic I think there is some serious potential for out going calls.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Word. Could do better the devise though.
Yeah I think it still has a little ways to go, like I think it needs a camera and maybe some multitasking, but the price point is really where it shines!
No system has been perfect thus far. But a camera would be great but i cant see picking the ipad up and taking a picture. HUGE for a camera.
With the built in Speaker and Mic I think there is some serious potential for out going calls.
Yeah, i wonder if it does have it.(99.9% that it doesnt)

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Word. Could do better the devise though.
No system has been perfect thus far. But a camera would be great but i cant see picking the ipad up and taking a picture. HUGE for a camera.
Yeah, i wonder if it does have it.(99.9% that it doesnt)

nikki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is really a great conception. However, before I spend the money that I don't need to, but can anyone tell me what is the difference between wifi/3G and just wifi alone. I don't want to spend the extra cash for something that I don't need such as the 3G. And when exactly can the Ipads be purchased?

Most reactions