What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Features iWork Applications for iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As information on the iPad continues to spill out from Apple in the wake of the launch of pre-orders in the U.S., more screenshots and feature information on iWork applications for the iPad have surfaced on Apple's site. Announced alongside the iPad's introduction in late January, iWork for iPad will offer multi-touch versions of Apple's Keynote, Pages, and Numbers productivity applications priced at $9.99 each through the App Store.

120317-ipad_keynote.jpg

Keynote features 12 Apple-designed themes for users to choose from as a basis for their presentations, as well as tap-to-add functionality supporting photos, video, shapes, tables, charts, and text. Items can be easily dragged, resized, or rotated using the iPad's multi-touch technology. Keynote also supports animations, as well as routing to external video displays using an optional iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter.

Document editing on the iPad is performed using Pages, which offers 16 templates for easy creation of simple text documents, newsletters, brochures, flyers, and other content. In landscape mode, Pages offers a large on-screen keyboard that enables rapid text entry, which is also facilitated by the iPad's auto-correct feature that corrects spelling, inserts punctuations, and suggests words. Finally, Pages offer a number of page layout tools, allowing users to add and resize images, create lists, format text, and set margins, tabs, headers, and footers.

120317-ipad_numbers.jpg

For Numbers, Apple highlights the 16 included templates for spreadsheet formatting, table functionality with automatic sum, min, max, and count display for data selections, and simple forms for easily entering data on the go and automatically updating spreadsheets. Finally, Numbers offers high-quality charts in a number of different styles that can be copied and pasted into Pages or Keynote documents, and multiple intelligent keyboard layouts to allow users to take full advantage of Numbers' more than 250 functions.

All iWork applications for the iPad support import of their respective traditional iWork file formats, as well as the corresponding Microsoft Office formats. Users have the option of exporting their finished documents in iWork, Office, or PDF formats.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And they will support google docs...I really hope that means over the cloud.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But no support for exporting to iBook ePub formating? Dang, if only. Guess well have to wait iWork '10 on Mac to see if Apple will make it easy for small fish to publish to iBooks using just Pages.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not free. I bought Pages ($9.99), but don't really have much use for Numbers or Keynote (or whatever they're called). I got Pages instead of some of the other options because I also have Pages on my new (to me) MacBook, which I recently bought for iPad app development.

I can also print directly (or indirectly, if you prefer to call it) from my iPad Pages app using my new HP D110a email-enabled wifi printer.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts