What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple device replacement q

linds_15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im looking for any advice or suggestions on this

My smart cover scratched my iPad so the apple store is replacing it. They don't have any in stock so they said they will call me when one comes in. I have a zagg shield on my iPad so my question is how I go about getting one on my new one. Will mine come off fine and go on the new one? Will it be replaced by apple or zagg? Or do I hav to just buy a new one?

Thanks.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
linds_15 said:

My smart cover scratched my iPad so the apple store is replacing it. They don't have any in stock so they said they will call me when one comes in. I have a zagg shield on my iPad so my question is how I go about getting one on my new one. Will mine come off fine and go on the new one? Will it be replaced by apple or zagg? Or do I hav to just buy a new one?

Thanks.

I would have to think that you are SOL.... I just went through the same thing when I exchanged my iPad (twice)! I have NEVER been able to successfully remove and re-install a screen protector - they all say they are "re-usable", but just try it!

I'm not sure about Zagg -maybe they will help? But don't expect help from Apple for the screen protector!

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks.

How did your smart cover scratch your iPad? Was it a defective cover?

OP
L

linds_15

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks.

How did your smart cover scratch your iPad? Was it a defective cover?

Yea, the magnetic trip part has a rip or something in the teflon so some of the magnet is exposed. Apple store said they hadn't seen this yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts