What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini smart cover

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is anyone going to be purchasing the Apple Smart Cover? I'm not sure as I prefer apples Smart Case which has a back cover too. Do you think Apple will be releasing a smart case at a later date?
image-623598807.jpg

KenJr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone going to be purchasing the Apple Smart Cover? I'm not sure as I prefer apples Smart Case which has a back cover too. Do you think Apple will be releasing a smart case at a later date?
View attachment 28433

The iPad Mini is just a tad too wide to fit into an inside coat or jacket pocket. If Apple comes out with a back cover for the Mini, I'd like it to have something like a sandwich board where the back back part is of a width that would fit into the typical inside sport coat or jacket pocket. The back slab would go into the pocket; the iPad Mini itself would be outside the pocket but safe in its case resting against the shirt.

In the long run, what I'd like to see is the jacket/coat makers making inside pockets slightly wider. They could then advertise the fact that their inside jacket/coat pockets are iPad Mini friendly. The Mini will fit in the outside pockets but that becomes somewhat unwieldily unless the front buttons or zipper are fastened.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KenJr said:
The iPad Mini is just a tad too wide to fit into an inside coat or jacket pocket. If Apple comes out with a back cover for the Mini, I'd like it to have something like a sandwich board where the back back part is of a width that would fit into the typical inside sport coat or jacket pocket. The back slab would go into the pocket; the iPad Mini itself would be outside the pocket but safe in its case resting against the shirt.

In the long run, what I'd like to see is the jacket/coat makers making inside pockets slightly wider. They could then advertise the fact that their inside jacket/coat pockets are iPad Mini friendly. The Mini will fit in the outside pockets but that becomes somewhat unwieldily unless the front buttons or zipper are fastened.

Lol that's a great idea!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I won't be buying an Apple cover or case this time around. I will go third-party...and I will probably put a skin on the back. Only way to prevent scratches, even if you use a case.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iam going to use a Smart Cover when i'am in the house.But when i'am out and about then i be using the Otterbox case for protection because when the next one comes out then i be selling it to buy the new one and i want the iPad mini to be without a mark on it so that i can sell it and get a good price for it.I have pre ordered my Otterbox case too should be here in a few weeks

Alanfujii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey ClintE5, how is the quality of the Verona case? I looked up the case on Amazon and see that it's price is $14. That's seems very light for a quality leather case. Is it real leather?

Most reactions

Latest posts