What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard :(

aziraphael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard purchased together with the iPad and they worked brilliantly together until today when it suddenly failed to be discovered. I have not used the keyboard for about a month leading up to this. I have tried switching batteries (doesn't seem to be the issue though, seeing as the light blinks just fine) and uninstalling any apps recently acquired, all to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The obvious things to check would be the bluetooth settings (in Settings) and then a full reboot (hold both buttons until the silver Apple logo appears).

Hope that helps,

OP
A

aziraphael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help sch, but I have regrettably tried both of those already. :( [edit] Right, so I've tried pairing up the keyboard with my laptop and that works. Then I attempted to pair the iPad with my phone and while the iPad did not discover the device, the phone did find and connect (or at least tried anyway) to the iPad, after which the phone finally listed itself on the iPad devices list. Same result with the laptop and the iPad. I expect this means that either the issue is exclusive to the iPad-Keyboard connection or that the iPad can be connected to but for some reason cannot initiate connections on its own, though I can hardly verify this considering the crippled functionality of iPad bluetooth to begin with. This is very strange! Has anyone any idea what might have gone wrong?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts