What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple applies for iWatch patent in Japan, could have iPad abilities

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iwatch_ipad5-600x300.jpg

There have been a lot of rumors related to Apple building a smart iWatch that users can wear around their wrists, but nothing concrete seems to be happening in this department. Well, we are here to drop another set of rumors on you. This time, it comes from the Bloomberg publication which claims that the Cupertino tech giant has already applied for an iWatch patent in Japan. An Apple spokesman has been contacted to comment the information, but he declined to say anything on the matter.

This move might be related to the fact that Apple’s arch enemy​​ in the tech industry, Samsung, has also started working on a smart watch of sorts, according to reports.

Other people familiar with Apple’s so called plans in the smart watch business have been heard to comment on the matter. They have disclosed private information according to which, the intelligent watch might feature iPhone and iPad-like features. Also, more than 100 developers are said to be already working on software for the upcoming wrist gadget.

If the iWatch does indeed see the light of day, it will not be the first wearable technology we have seen so far. For example, Sony has released a similar device entitled simply SmartWatch, that’s capable of accessing Android smartphones.

As some people believe that Apple really needs to upgrade its product portfolio and come up with something really mind blowing, a smartwatch might be a good idea to come back on track.

Source: Bloomberg

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's my watch on the left.

I don't need mind-blowing, I'd be happy with something both cool and useful. :)

kevinwallace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple really happens, then i am waiting for this iWatch how it's features and ability.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"excuse me sir,what time is it?""sorry can't talk downloading music from iTunes":D

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"excuse me sir,what time is it?""sorry can't talk downloading music from iTunes":D

I'm just not sure exactly what an iWatch is supposed to do or it's going to be useful. But, it's the way of things. Smaller, smaller, smaller..... ** clings to his 9.7 iPad screen **. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm just not sure exactly what an iWatch is supposed to do or it's going to be useful. But, it's the way of things. Smaller, smaller, smaller..... ** clings to his 9.7 iPad screen **. :)

None of us knows that Apple's vision is or will be...but as a watch-wearer, I want one. I need for it to have several cool watch faces, as I like to change mine often (but the nano has only a few I like as mickey mouse doesn't work for me). I want that in addition to all of the needed timer/stop watch functions. Would also like to see any messages that come to my phone...and any notifications/reminders that pop up on my phone. I would like to have auto time-zone changing features. I would like to pull my contact info up too, for times when I need an address. I would like it to link to my phone for times when I want Siri to do a search...or to set a reminder.

For those who don't wear watches, well, it's not a product for them....feel free to skip it.

Ron7624

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iWatch for Messages....
My wife and I message constantly. With voice built in would become indispensable for me.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get the wristwatch thing. Especially since they are declining in sales. In the iPod and Cell Phone Age, Who Needs a Watch? - ABC News People are using their phones more and more to ck the time. Are they sure it's a patent for a wristwatch? Maybe it's more along the lines of eyewear to compete with Google Glasses. Though, tbh, "iGlasses" would be a catchier name.

Personally, I think watches will wind up (bad pun alert) going in the same direction photographic film went.

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am undecided on buying this or the pebble watch

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions