What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple – planning to open up to 35 new retail stores in 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-stores-new.jpeg

Immediately after Apple’s head of retail operation John Browett left the company to explore greener pastures, Cupertino announced in its annual report for the fiscal year of 2012 posted with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, that it plans to open a series of additional retail stores worldwide. The number is not yet set, but will be somewhere around 30 to 35. Their doors will be opened and awaiting customers by the end of 2013.

The tech giant is set to allot $10 billion for the entire fiscal year of 2013. Out of this sum, $850 million will go to the development of the retail stores we mentioned above. The number is similar to the one from 2012, when Cupertino opened 33 stores. In 2011, the company was more eager and unleashed 40 new stores upon the world. 28 of them were located in the United States.

Apple’s retail store portfolio currently covers 390 stores worldwide. Each store cashes in $51.5 million per year which is an increase compared with the $43.3 million in 2012 and $34.1 million in 2011.

The filing also adds more details:

“As of September 29, 2012, the Company owned or leased approximately 17.3 million square feet of building space, primarily in the U.S., and to a lesser extent, in Europe, Japan, Canada, and the Asia-Pacific regions. Of that amount approximately 10.9 million square feet was leased building space, which includes approximately 4.1 million square feet related to retail store space.â€

By Radu

Source - Apple to open up to 35 new retail stores in 2013

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Soon they'll have one on every corner.

Apples goal of world domination is coming to fruition.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iJamesH said:

There is only one Apple Store in my state of Indiana-->in Indianapolis. I wish Fort Wayne was large enough to support an Apple store. After all, we do have the world's only Vice Presidential Museum.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is only one Apple Store in my state of Indiana-->in Indianapolis. I wish Fort Wayne was large enough to support an Apple store. After all, we do have the world's only Vice Presidential Museum.

Geez, Fort Wayne should be big enough to support an Apple store.......
We have (5) in the Twin Cities and that isn't near enough. Every store is packed just minutes after the opening bell every day.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Geez, Fort Wayne should be big enough to support an Apple store.......
We have (5) in the Twin Cities and that isn't near enough. Every store is packed just minutes after the opening bell every day.

It would be informative if Apple could provide criteria for how they choose where to plant an Apple store. Besides the Apple store in Indianapolis, there is a store in Mishawaka, Indiana.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would be informative if Apple could provide criteria for how they choose where to plant an Apple store. Besides the Apple store in Indianapolis, there is a store in Mishawaka, Indiana.

Demographics play a key.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No real idea why we have two in Edmonton. Presumably, the one in West Edmonton Mall is obligatory. It would be unthinkable for Apple not to be represented in the largest mall in the world. Locals tend to avoid the place, so having one in Southgate is handy.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No real idea why we have two in Edmonton. Presumably, the one in West Edmonton Mall is obligatory. It would be unthinkable for Apple not to be represented in the largest mall in the world. Locals tend to avoid the place, so having one in Southgate is handy.

From my vacation house, there are three within 15 minutes' drive. They all seem to do banging' biz.

My primary house is five minutes from one, but I think I've gone only twice. I prefer online shopping.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iJamesH said:

They do in NYC!!! I am waiting for one on 125th street in Harlem lol.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts