What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App won't load

Rabbitapril

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I paid for The Chase game app. Then it came up saying not connected and would down load later. That was a few days ago and I have a good signal. When I look in my purchased apps The Chase is there with a cloud symbol with a down pointing arrow through it. What does that icon mean? When I touch it it says I have paid for the app and that it will down load but it never does. I don't know what to do. Can anyone explain what I should do, thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The cloud with the down pointing arrow means that the Game is not on your device, but you should be able to download it when you tap it. It should start installing the instant you touch the cloud.

Try the usual fixes:
Restart your iPad: turn it off, wait for a few minutes and turn it on again.
Reset it: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

It's also possible that the app won't start loading when you're not connected to Wi-Fi. If you prefer to download it using cellular data, you can enable this in Settings - iTunes & App Stores - Use Cellular Data.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts