What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App upgrades

margo1940

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not want to upgrade some of the apps on my iPad 2 just to meet the needs of the iPad 3 screen. How do I manage to cancel them? I presently have about 4 already sitting waiting for me to upgrade and can't find how to say thanks but no thanks and get rid of them on my upgrade screen.

Tom2pt0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't, unfortunately. If you don't want to update them you'll have to update every app you have individually from now on instead of using the Update All button.

OP
M

margo1940

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I still think that the Apps Store should be able to allow users to delete any unwanted updates. Surely that would not be difficult. It's not as if we have to pay for the update so they would not be losing any income.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I too would like to be given the option of sticking with lower app releases and not hassled into upgrading across the board. Some older app releases I have are much better, in my opinion, than their later releases.

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I have had the fantastic experience (NOT) of with a recent couple of App updates is that the App I'd bought months ago was now becoming a "rental" and I would be charged 3, 6, 12 monthly periods at an $x.xx rate. This was explained, almost hidden away really, down the LHS in the fine print below the UPDATE box.

Another App that had been free, a magazine for Newsstand, was now becoming a $99 sub and this would be charged automatically to my Apple Acct. It even stated it could not be cancelled! I only found these facts buried in the second level(!) MORE INFO. For someone like me who up till now just made an assumption an Update was always free and a good idea it really is important read and look through just what is going on, especially the MORE INFO.

Now the only problem is dealing with having the red bubble on my AppStore icon permanently with a number in it depicting the number of updates I don't want. I for now have gotten rid of it in the end by ceasing to use the App and fully erasing it.... I wish there was a way to not accept an App update and not have the messed up App Store Icon which looks like it's going to come, based on the number of paid for Apps I use on my iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts