What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store?

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated IPad and ITunes recently. Where is the App store in ITunes? I know it os on the device but is it no longer available via ITunes?
Thks
Russ

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JA, sorry I am so late getting back to you. Thanks for the reply to my question. If the App Store is no longer part of ITunes that means that we can no longer sync apps between devices - true? That is a bummer. From now on if I use the App Store to get an app for my IPhone and also have it on my IPad do I have to buy it twice? Had I seen this coming I probably would have not opted to upgrade ITunes.
Thanks for your help.
Russ

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You buy it once, and you also can download it on your other device, if the app is compatible.

The following screenshots are from an iPad, it works the same on the iPhone, it just looks a bit different.

In App Store, tap here:
6501EE21-ED85-47C1-92EB-0DAF8CF7D346.jpeg

Then go to Purchased:
25994E89-1B96-45F7-B56C-8E43E55B0156.jpeg

Select “My Purchases”:
8E2CFA5F-E7E8-4131-9589-45D8BE49FEB8.jpeg

On the next screen, you’ll find all the apps you’ve purchased. Those purchased recently should be on the top. Tap the cloud to download the app you’d like on your device, and it will start downloading and installing.
CF5DE75C-F6A1-4EB5-A99E-A5CA7D1F7993.jpeg

Hope that helps.

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I know I am challenged here but how do I get to that point. Is there a separate pgm to download for the App Store?

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is and maybe I have been misleading here as I have been looking for all this on my desktop as that is where I have always gone to sync and get apps. I apologize for the error. I think i get it now.
Have a nice evening.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In your list of previously purchased apps you may notice some where the cloud icon is greyed out and doesn't work. Those are apps that are not compatible with iOS 11 and can't be downloaded to your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts