What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating apps

starslam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app store always wants me to update an app. I am ignoring 29 updates, lol. Is there a way to delete them? I only have 16 gb of space, so do updates take up a lot of room?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really. The original app is deleted, and the update is applied. It's an all or nothing process. You don't have to update, but more often than not, updates contain bug fixes. Occasionally, an update will introduce a bug. Once you update, there is no going back.

When iOS6 is released, look forward to a whole pile of updates, as apps are updated to take advantage of the capabilities of the new OS.

I also have a 16Gb iPad, and i try to keep around 1GB of free space.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
starslam said:
The app store always wants me to update an app. I am ignoring 29 updates, lol. Is there a way to delete them? I only have 16 gb of space, so do updates take up a lot of room?

They simply replace the app on the iPad with a later version , so at best it might be a slight increase in size , the updates normally fix bugs or add features, I only do updates after checking the reason for the update and then decide.
So you don't have to do them.

Most reactions

Latest posts