What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store updates

dawillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble updating my apps thru the App Store every time I push update, whether its all or just one it asks me to sign in and it takes me to my billing..which I had put my debit card on it but all my apps are free, anyway my card is being declined which I know why but i don't understand why it just won't go ahead and just update. Any suggestions old be greatly appreciated.

OP
dawillie

dawillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try setting your payment type to 'None', and see of that helps.

I don't believe that there is one but I don't see why my payment method or my billing info should affect me updating my apps ya know it's really starting to irk me because I would like to update my gmail, & twitter

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe that there is one but I don't see why my payment method or my billing info should affect me updating my apps ya know it's really starting to irk me because I would like to update my gmail, & twitter

I don't know if it matters to updating apps, but debit cards are not accepted as payment method any more. You're not the first one in iPF having problems because of a debit card.

Last edited:
OP
dawillie

dawillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if it matters to updating apps, but debit cards are not accepted as payment method any more. You're not the first one in iPF having problems because of a debit card.

I can't find away to clear my billing ino...it has no selection for "none" but the debit card isn't the problem...it's asking me to sign in (which I do) then tells me my payment method is invalid or whatever (which I know) that's why I wanna remove my billing info so that I can try and see if that will work so that it will update my apps..aso it never did this but like right after I used the app stre credit CDROM the App Store cards that you can buy butt, the only thing I can remember using my debit card on it was for a game or a school word program app, and that's if I even did use it for that rather than the app card points. It is very frustrating and I've emailed apple support 3 times with vauge replays that do not help.

OP
dawillie

dawillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find away to clear my billing ino...it has no selection for "none" but the debit card isn't the problem...it's asking me to sign in (which I do) then tells me my payment method is invalid or whatever (which I know) that's why I wanna remove my billing info so that I can try and see if that will work so that it will update my apps..aso it never did this but like right after I used the app stre credit CDROM the App Store cards that you can buy butt, the only thing I can remember using my debit card on it was for a game or a school word program app, and that's if I even did use it for that rather than the app card points. It is very frustrating and I've emailed apple support 3 times with vauge replays that do not help.
*app store credit from* lol not CDROM

Most reactions