What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store Set to Have 76% of App Download Market in 2011

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
App_Store_revenues.JPG

According to a report from research firm IHS iSuppli looking at projected revenue for major mobile app stores in 2011, Apple’s App Store should account for 75% of the total markets in the coming year. Projected figures for the Apple App Store in 2011 call for revenue of $2.91 billion, up 63.4% from $1.78 billion in 2010. The report also expects Apple to retain 60% market share by 2014, as well as leading the way with earnings from in-app purchases, which IHS predicts will be a key growth driver for revenue up to 2014. Meanwhile, Google’s Android Market is expected to show the fastest growth in 2011, rising by 295.4 percent to $4.25.36 million, taking over from RIM’s BlackBerry App World as the second-largest app store behind Apple. Nokia’s Ovi Store is in last place, with $201.48 million in anticipated revenue.

As far as the revenue from all four major app stores is concerned, namely Apple’s App Store, Google’s Android Market, Nokia’s Ovi Store and RIM’s BlackBerry App World, IHS predicts that combined revenue for all four stores will rise from $2.1 billion in 2010 and from $830.6 million in 2009. Total download revenue from games and other applications is expected to keep rising over the next few years, leaping to $5.6 billion in 2012, $6.9 billion in 2013 and $8.3 billion in 2014. IHS says that while these four stores are the main players at the moment, it’s possible that new sites such as Microsoft’s Windows Marketplace will grow strong enough to shake up the market in future.

Source:
iHS iSuppli via App Store Projected to Claim 75% of App Download Market in 2011 - Mac Rumors

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
idave23 said:
Oh yeah. And whoever it was long ago who dreamed up ending prices with .99 was both a marketing genius and a very evil person.:D

I second or third that, too much money!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mynameisparrish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
Oh yeah. And whoever it was long ago who dreamed up ending prices with .99 was both a marketing genius and a very evil person.:D

Sigh... Me to... Haven't looked at my total but it's gotta be over 200. That reminds me... Unlinking my card to iTunes today.

Most reactions

Latest posts