What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store keeps crashing

jimjam211

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you double click the home button and hold down a app on the bottom of the screen click the minus button on all the app and done !

Attachments

• image-2335426382.jpg
    image-2335426382.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 424
OP
P

pacsl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but...

I've done that and it's still happening. Other stuff crashes such as the Safari browswer as well. Other ideas?

Daleku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I talked to a Genius at an Apple Store and he ran a test that showed I was running out of memory. I completely restored the iPad, then ran it with only one app open, the app store. After a while it crashed again! Like yours mine also crashes on other apps including safari and the New York Times.
I have tried a number of apps that show the processes and the memory that they are using, but they seem of little use as you can only look at them when their app is running. I need something that will run in the background and show what happens when one of the apps crashes.
Does anyone know of an app that will test the hardware memory? Perhaps a memory chip is bad, although that seems unlikely to me.
Any other suggestions?

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my original iPad. However, I've kinda linked it to "old hardware" and "clunky software" by Apple. I'm sure they have addressed these concerns in iOS 6 with the new store layout, etc. but we unfortunately are left behind with our original iPads. Whenever it happens I just kinda say "Awww cmon!" and start it back up to try what I was doing again. It appears to be sporadic and not linked to doing anything specific which I can tell.

Be careful about taking it to the Apple Store anymore, if your warranty is out they probably will just turn you away or try to get you to buy a new one. Personally, I'd suggest upgrading the iPad if it's that much of an annoyance for you.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The App store crashes if you browse too many apps on the original iPad. This is normal. Same will happen if you browse too many songs in iTunes. I'm guessing this is by design so people will upgrade to newer models.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Limited RAM is the prob in many cases. iPad 1 has 256mb; iPad 2 has twice that; and iPad 3 and 4 have twice what iPad 2 has.

Older hardware is going to increasingly crash as firmware, apps and other content (including Web pages) take advantage of upgraded hardware in newer models. That's how all tech works, including tablets and PCs.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
The App store crashes if you browse too many apps on the original iPad. This is normal. Same will happen if you browse too many songs in iTunes. I'm guessing this is by design so people will upgrade to newer models.

It's not by design that the iPad 1 crashes more often under the circumstances you describe. Apple does not deliberately inconvenience owners of older devices to encourage the purchase of newer devices. Kaykaykay's post has the best explanation of your problem.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts