What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store Gone?

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel like an idiot here BUT, I let my Grandson use my IPad 1 yesterday and the Apple App store icon is gone from the device home screen! What I don't know is was it gone before he used it and after I upgraded to 4.3. This is the first time I have looked for the store app since upgrading.

First off, I am the only one in the world who has lost his app store icon, right?

I did't think it could be removed from the device (like other Apple device apps).

I know how this sounds, but it's happend to this device and, no it's not hidden in another screen, etc. and it is still visible in the settings section where it shows my Apple ID.

Any ideas??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4's suggestion is by far the most likely cause (maybe you even put that restriction on yourself to prevent your grandson from emptying your credit card by purchasing a whole load of games!) but, if it's not, trying powering the iPad off and then on again. As I'm sure you're aware, to do this you need to press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the slider control appears, then accept the offer to power down. A rotating white bezel appears for a few seconds as the iPad power down and then the screen goes completely blank.

To power it back up, press the Power button again for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will power up (during this period the orientation control is inactive, so the Apple logo might not appear in the 'right' orientation) and eventually you'll get back to the slider control, which you can accept and you're back to the Home screen.

As I said at the beginning our esteemed super-moderator is almost always right but I'm waiting to take my wife to visit a concert and I've nothing else to do so I thought I might as well write something :) ......ignore me and I'll go away.

Tim
Sunny Scotland - yes!!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or he just moved it, don't panic. Scroll around left and right to find it. Or scroll all the way to the left and Search.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I'm impressed by is that Mike245 let his grandson use his iPad. You are a very generous and kind hearted person. I guard mine with my life...I don't even let my wife use it.

Tim
Scotland

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I'm impressed by is that Mike245 let his grandson use his iPad. You are a very generous and kind hearted person. I guard mine with my life...I don't even let my wife use it.

Tim
Scotland

what??!

my 3.5 yr old daughter knows how to use my ipad than my in-laws!:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guard mine with my life...I don't even let my wife use it.

Tim
Scotland
My wife gave me my iPad for my birthday last year. As much as I enjoy camping and the outdoors, if I ever denied her access to the iPad, I would be sleeping outdoors permanently!

OP
M

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked the restrictions in Settings?

My first comment still applies....I'm an idiot!

I set it so my Grandkids couldn't download apps without me knowing it and forgot. Serves me right!

Thanks for your help....I hate it when that happens!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just *knew* our super moderator would be right..Tim goes and hangs his head in shame and is demoted to sub-moderator ... :)

Tim
Scotland

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I firmly believe in applying Occam's Razor that says, "the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one"

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim
Scotland

That's not nice.

Most reactions

Latest posts