What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store broken!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...And to reply to Joanna. When I clicked on my Apple ID and signed out it worked fine. Now it is greyed out and I can't sign out or change the id
Just noticed this part of the post. Sorry!
Does it look like this after signing out:
image.jpg

In this case enter your Apple ID email address and the password, then sign in.

If it's possible to sign in, here's what to do to check your payment information:
1. Tap your Apple ID
2. Tap "View Apple ID"
image.jpg

Then select this:
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
H

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, twerp poet iTunes support couldn't help me and Johanna it looks like that but the id is there but greyed out however.

My App Store works! I have no idea why but I tapped it and it loaded, safari works fine, not that that's a problem because I use Chrome and so does the iTunes Store. The last thing I did was erase and reset. A day later it works.

My advice: Wait!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad your problem is solved, and thank you for telling us what you did. It might help someone else who's in the same boat. :)

A question, out of curiosity: when you scroll down in App Store - Featured: does it show your Apple ID? Is it greyed out as well, just like in Settings? (Well, actually two questions, obviously. :oops:)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All's well that ends well, or so I'm told.

I'm glad it's working for you now. And, yes, sometimes things fix themselves for no apparent reason, just like they broke for no apparent reason. That's computers. :)

Sorry iTunes Support didn't' help, but since they are free it doesn't hurt to ask them. Well, not much. And they have helped me in the past, so I'm inclined to think of them kindly.

Most reactions