What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App question

Mr.Wolfskill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right place, if not, would a Mod move it please. . . .

Any way, I am looking for a App , with not much luck. I want something that lets me do "quality" line drawings. Just basic stuff for the most part. My hobby is drawing basic floor plans for houses and stuff like that. What I am looking for would be like the Windows PAINT program that I used before I came over to Apple / Mac.

I have played with Photoshop, but from what I can figure out on it, it is more of a photo manipulating program, not a drawing program. I have also played with a few more Pro style drafting programs, but they are more complex than my old stubborn mind can handle. lol

Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion or two for me? The less expensive, the better at this time.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Search the word Draw in the App Store, and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of drawing programs both free and paid that you can check out their description for the features you are looking for. It has been some time since I have looked at drawing programs, but I did have one the kids used to jump on and come up with some wild creations. I will see if I can find the name of it.

EDIT: it was called Drawing Pad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are actually apps specifically made for doing things like floor plans. A search in the app store should turn up several, many of them free to try. For your hobby I'd spend some time exploring those. I haven't tried any of them myself, so no recommendations.

InkPad is a more general purpose vector based drawing program. It's far simpler than auto-cad and other design apps. You might find it to your liking. The benefit of using vector based tools is that they are based on creating shapes, not dots, so they don't pixilate when you enlarge them.

I have several pixel based art programs I like, but I wouldn't recommend any of them for what you want to do. Vector based apps may take a bit longer to figure out, but the tools for what you want to do are far better.

OP
Mr.Wolfskill

Mr.Wolfskill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I will look into them tonight. . . .I have not had a chance to play with yet, but did download PadCad lite, and Drawing Desk today at the suggestion of a friend.

Most reactions

Latest posts