What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App name of the tracing app?

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What was the name of the app from the ipad2 commercial where the child was tracing the numbers and letters?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to iTunes store there's a menu item to see the apps from the iPad promotional videos. One of our Forum member's mentioned this in another post buy I cannot find it at the moment.....:(

Tim

OP
M

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must be too late. I don't see the link in iTunes

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it...

Go into iTunes store then App Store then on the top right you will see Apps from TV Ads.

Tim

OP
M

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks found the link found it now. Unfortunately they do not list the particular app I was looking for

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks found the link found it now. Unfortunately they do not list the particular app I was looking for

Are you sure. Intro to Letters looks like it is probably that app. The screen shots show a tracing mode that looks the same, or very close.

OP
M

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it is. I will take a look again. I hate to turn this into any kind of os debate. I love my iPad but I have an android phone and although it's short they give you 5 minutes to test an app and get a refund if it is not to your liking. I wish apple would do this

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sold my Droid X a few days ago, but I've been there. But short of an app just plain did not work I can't remember a single time I've ever known I didn't want to keep an app in the first 5 minutes. Then again, I generally research them a bit first even when they are free.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it is. I will take a look again. I hate to turn this into any kind of os debate. I love my iPad but I have an android phone and although it's short they give you 5 minutes to test an app and get a refund if it is not to your liking. I wish apple would do this

Apple have a virtually 'no questions asked' refund policy for apps. Wait until you have the invoice (it has the purchase reference information) and then call Apple; they will refund your purchase and credit the amount to your iTunes account.

Tim

OP
M

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard talk on the forum here about that before but I wasn't sure how valid it was. Is there a time limit and what happens afterward? Does the hand of apple come down and remove the app from my iPad? Lol.

Reaction score
What was the name of the app from the ipad2 commercial where the child was tracing the numbers and letters?

My wife has it on hers for our toddler. I'll have to ask her what its name is but I do remember she found it by searching "free kids games " on the app store search. It does 1-20 and the ABC's for tracing and other stuff too .
Our Ipads have been a wonderful learning tool for our little girl (3) but my 19 year old daughter acts like a 2 year when she doesn't get a turn to play games when she wants :)

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - they don't remove it, though you won't get any further updates. They keep a record of people asking for refunds and become suspicious if you ask for too many - particularly if you ask for a refund for an app that no one else is complaining about.

Basically it's a mechanism to refund people for faulty apps - not simply because you've changed your mind. Most app developers are aware that users want to try apps before committing to them so they have 'lite' versions that are restricted in some way or other - or have missing functionality that you need to enable via an in-app purchase.

Tim

OP
M

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would be great if they did away with the lite versions, make the full version for free for a limited amount of time.... Up to the developer then allowed for an in app purchase to continue using or reduce functionality, aka lite version It's a hassle to have to download a lite version, then delete, then redownload. Some of the lite versions can be 500 MB on the iPad especially if they are from some of the big game companies.

Most reactions

Latest posts