What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App library management?

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amid the myriad of iPad updates, not one for the ability to sort or rearrange the apps in the app library .
Disappointing.

Mark

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The apps on the left side may be rearranged after a long press, just like the apps on the Home screen. The apps on the right side of the dock are just the ones most recently used. They may be removed, but not rearranged except to move them to the left side.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My apologies. I said dock when I meant App Library.
The thread has been updated.

Mark

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ahhh, makes more sense.

The App Library is pretty new, so I'm not surprised to see it still somewhat limited. I would also like to see some control over what goes in what category. For what it is worth you can sort alphabetically by tapping on the Search bar.

Attachments

• C5366DAB-75F9-45B6-A095-64FAFED5B6D2.png
    C5366DAB-75F9-45B6-A095-64FAFED5B6D2.png
    692.9 KB · Views: 36

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agreed. You would think that someone as smart as Apple would correct that😡
I never saw any use for it, so I just ignore it. I'm guessing someone at Apple said, "Hey, look what I can make without putting much thought into it."

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never saw any use for it, so I just ignore it. I'm guessing someone at Apple said, "Hey, look what I can make without putting much thought into it."
I do use it all the time. I dislike screen clutter.I just want to be able to organize and sort.😊

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do use it all the time. I dislike screen clutter.I just want to be able to organize and sort.😊
You can create your own folders, moving apps in and out of them to make the environment you want. Just drag one app onto another.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It could be more useful and configurable, but I don't find it useless.

I'm a bit of an app hoarder, so it's a good place to keep all the apps I rarely use, but don't want to delete. I could just dump them all on extra home pages and folders, but then I either have to expend a lot of time organizing them (often in ways I don't remember), or spend a lot of time finding them. The App Library offers some automatic organization, and at least a chance at finding them in the alphabetical list. It's better than nothing.

If you are super organized, or only have a couple dozen apps, it's not very useful. But in those cases it wouldn't really matter if it was the pinnacle of organizing tools. No one needs a library card stack to organize their magazine rack. Well, most people don't.

Most reactions

Latest posts