What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for videoing other apps?

Mabsabrabcab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have searched the app store and this forum and can't find anything like what I am looking for. Is there an app which would allow me to make a video on an iPad 1 demonstrating using another app and with the ability to do a voiceover?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mabsabrabcab said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have searched the app store and this forum and can't find anything like what I am looking for. Is there an app which would allow me to make a video on an iPad 1 demonstrating using another app and with the ability to do a voiceover?

Hello Mabsabrabcab, There is not an app that you can get for the iPad Original. But if you have an iPad2, you can use it's camera and video taking function, it also records sound--like a very large rudimentary digicam. If you have the New iPad, it has an even better camera and will do video taking and record sound. You can edit your video with the iMovie app. This app is for the iPad2 and the new iPad.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Hello Mabsabrabcab, There is not an app that you can get for the iPad Original. But if you have an iPad2, you can use it's camera and video taking function, it also records sound--like a very large rudimentary digicam. If you have the New iPad, it has an even better camera and will do video taking and record sound. You can edit your video with the iMovie app. This app is for the iPad2 and the new iPad.

I think you misunderstood the original post. They want to record the screen of the iPad, ie. demonstrating another app with commentary.

It is my understanding this is not possible. Your best bet is a video camera on a tripod pointing at your iPad I'm afraid!

OP
M

Mabsabrabcab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies - I rather thought that there wasn't anything available as I have not seen demo videos of other apps. I'm sure I am not the only app developer who would welcome something of this description!

Most reactions

Latest posts