What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyway I can date + time stamp ipad pictures?

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two iPads purchased May 2013 - is there a free way I can date & time stamp my ipad pictures? Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have two iPads purchased May 2013 - is there a free way I can date & time stamp my ipad pictures? Thank you.
Your photos are already date and time stamped, at least in iOS 7 and later. If you look at the header at the top of any picture in the photos app, it shows the date and time the picture was added. Here's an example from my camera roll.
image.jpg

OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your photos are already date and time stamped, at least in iOS 7 and later. If you look at the header at the top of any picture in the photos app, it shows the date and time the picture was added. Here's an example from my camera roll.View attachment 58575

I have ios. 7.12, latest software on my ipads and when I view single pictures on my ipad, there is no date or time visible.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you select "Photos" in the Photo app, you'll see the photos in order of date:
image.jpg

I can't see the exact time as well. I'd need another app to view the time I took these pictures, so maybe I'm missing something in my settings.

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't see it either. I went into my settings for the camera and photos to see if there was some option there, and I didn't see anything. I also looked in the privacy and general settings. I didn't see any setting I may have turned off.

I looked in the view by albums and just as pintos with that silly inaccurate way they have of showing grouped by years.

I do not see any heart, or last import at the tops either. Just Edit in the top right and on the left the option to go back to the camera roll.

Here is what I see:

image.jpg

This is from an iPad Air. It is the same on my iPhone 5. They both are updated to the latest iOS.

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My standard Apple Photos app doesn't show what scifan57's does either, so I open photos in Apple's iPhoto app, click the "i in a circle" at the top, and get much of the EXIF info. iOS 7.1.2 here.

Most reactions

Latest posts