What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imovie app - HELP!

Jenetix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

I need to be able to go right to sections of my imovie clips quickly, and a date/time stamp is usually the best way to do this but I can't seem to find a way to do this on the iPad app...

Anyone else know how I can do this or an alternative way of finding the sections I need in a hurry? Thanks

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you meaning clips already added to the timeline?

One thing to remember is that iMovie and apps like Pinnacle are not fully featured video editing tools. They are very basic. If you want advanced features, you may have to edit on a PC or Mac.

OP
Jenetix

Jenetix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, we are using the iPad camera to record video and then imovie for basic editing and trimming the clips for presentation purposes. What would be really useful would be a time marker as otherwise you have to scroll through an hour of tape to find the bit you need, not something I would consider an advanced function...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, iMovie on the iPad isn't really advanced. It's pretty basic, actually, with some gee wiz so that you can make simple stuff look pretty good.

I understand that Pinnacle Studio offers more advanced features, though I've got no idea if it offers what you want.

Though I don't know how well it would work for you, another option is to pre-trim you clips in the Photos app. The timeline tools seem pretty fast and adaptive to me, but I only have short videos to play with; so YMMV.

OP
Jenetix

Jenetix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Will check out Pinnacle and also your other suggestion. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts