What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone tethering Bluetooth with US Cellular, help please

Indecisivgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, new to forum, not new to iPads, had the 2, loved it, now have the 4 with retina display and love it. I purchased one with the Verizon connection option, haven't signed up yes because I'm almost always in a wireless zone. My question is....someone told me not to waste money and pay the 20$ a month and to hit-spot it. My android Samsung Galaxy SIii has a bottom to turn on "hot spots". But there is a warning that there may be a charge for using this. There is also a Bluetooth option and my iPad connects with no warning. Is the Bluetooth connection free and legal? I don't want to get in trouble using it, but if there isn't a warning, I'm assuming that's why it's offered in the phone as a pairing device. If its not ok to use, I'll sign up for the Verizon gigabyte. I guess if it were legal then no one would buy a data/iPad right?

Thanks in advance!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I assume that the warning on Android is the same as the one on iOS. I also receive the warning that there may be a charge, but having checked with my service provider, there is not.

Some providers disable the capability unless you subscribe to it. Others don't. You have to ask, or take the chance and find out about it on your next bill. Don't forget that if the charge is levied, it doesn't mean more data. It just enables you to share data you are already paying for.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts