What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opera Web Browser Now For iPad

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which is good news for a lot of people.

I had downloaded it back when it was for the iPhone and then set it aside. Mainly because it wasn't for the iPad (2Xing up a web browsing app just didn't work).

Now it's fully optimized for the iPad and I must admit, very nice! The web pages load fully and I am impressed.

However.

I do have one question. Does anyone have any idea on how to increase text size on a web page in Opera [for the iPad]? See, Opera cleans up web pages and essentially, you get mostly text. But, the text is tiny and since it fits full width on the screen, there is no double tap to zoom. I can pinch and zoom, but then you have to move the page around to read.

I thought that Opera had text reflow capabilities - but I can't find it. I'm going to keep Googling and see if I can find the answer, but maybe one of you can help?

Thanks in advance for any input. If you need further clarification as to what I am talking about - please let me know.

Marilyn

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is very fast! But there is one issue. If the website has mobile version, then it will always open mobile version only in Opera in iPad. Don't know how to cure that.

STR4N6ER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobi1 said:
It is very fast! But there is one issue. If the website has mobile version, then it will always open mobile version only in Opera in iPad. Don't know how to cure that.

Switch it off in the settings

Sent from iPad

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Switch it off in the settings
Sorry could you please be more specific? Couldn't see any such option in Opera's setting. :(

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It didn't solve the problem. Some sites still load as mobile version in Opera!

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, Opera is not winning here, for me. I cannot increase the text size (other than zoom ... and then pan) and despite telling Opera "no mobile sites" - it loads them every time.

Glad it was free ... as I'm very disappointed in it's performance right now.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts