What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone experience ipad 2 lagging during normal operation?

cire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just get my hand on my ipad 2 yesterday. But found that the system is always lagging. :( Does anyone else experience that? Is it an hardware issue or is the software? Did not even download much things into my ipad.

Basically, i go into my setting page, keep changing the tab, after about 15 times, the tab will hang for 3-5s before moving again.

My mum was playing fishing joy also experience the lag very often (every 1 or 2 min).

Need advise.

Do you think I am able to get a replacement?

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a software issue. I would re-boot the device. Hold down the on/off button till you see a red slider. Slide to off and then turn back on.
Hope it helps

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this reply maybe late but I got my iPad 2 a few days ago and have never experienced any lag at all. I have 6 to 8 apps on the multitasking bar all the time as well as several pages open in safari. I do recommend that you clear all running apps first then
restart your iPad. If that doesn't work, maybe do the hard reset (like the one on the iPhone where you hold the sleep and home button at the same time and wait for it to turn off and reboot). If the problem persists, try and get it replaced. I've seen demo units at the apple store that has almost 15 to 20 apps on the multitasking bar at the same time and I can see almost no lag... well not like the one you said anyway.

OP
C

cire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all Thanks for the recommendation, will try it out tonight.
Anyone one else experience the same issue when playing Fishing Joy?

OP
C

cire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard reset doesn't work.
Fishing joy and my OS still lagging. :(

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it's just that game, maybe an update goofed it up. I have zero lag on the graphic intense games, like Infinity Blade and Dead Space. Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it lagging when you play that game? If it does the it must be the games problem. If not the something is surely wrong.

Have you tried doing a complete restore via iTunes?

OP
C

cire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had called Apple and getting a replacement, think must be some problem with the processor. It still lags after restoring.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no lag at all on my iPad 2. I noticed it is a lot faster than my iPad 1. If Apple is saying there's a problem with your processor, I would return it to the where you purchased it from and get a new one. Apple will exchange it for you as well.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts