What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone addicted to buying cases for their iPad 2

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are in the right place we'll take good care of you here. It's nice to have a fellow friend with a problem. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I have about six different types of cases or protectors and I don't have a problem yet. Let me know how you like your switch easy case.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NVRENUF said:
I have been tempted to buy heaps of them but all the ones i see range from $20 to $50, . and wont be 100% if i like them.

How ever I am heading to BAngkok in June, So i will be going to china town and all the cheap ass places to buy as many covers and accessories I can.
probably for a fraction of the price.

I have a cheap ebay case at the moment which it will sit in, until i get somthing new.
I also have the smart coover but of course that only protects the front.

You should have a look at MBK as well. That is where the first Ipads popped up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you order the clear or the colored. I always thought the clear when scratched enough would become cloudy.

Joei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a Hard Candy Convertible case in red. It's arriving on Monday.

Reaction score
Addicted to buying? Lol! I live in Canada in this little backwoods town called Vancouver. I'd like to be able to FIND iPad 2 cases. I can't even take it out of the house yet because no one sells them. I try to order online from US but shipping price for an incipio honeycomb rubber case that costs $22 is $35! I just do not understand the constant 2 month delays between release of iPad and cases for it. Do companies not know when the iPad gets released? It's ridiculous standing in an apple store having to consider buying an iPad 1 case and cutting holes in it to adapt it for your iPad 2 because even they don't have new cases. Has anyone tried making their own case yet? I may try to get my mother to knit me one.

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shatnershairpiece said:
Addicted to buying? Lol! I live in Canada in this little backwoods town called Vancouver. I'd like to be able to FIND iPad 2 cases. I can't even take it out of the house yet because no one sells them. I try to order online from US but shipping price for an incipio honeycomb rubber case that costs $22 is $35! I just do not understand the constant 2 month delays between release of iPad and cases for it. Do companies not know when the iPad gets released? It's ridiculous standing in an apple store having to consider buying an iPad 1 case and cutting holes in it to adapt it for your iPad 2 because even they don't have new cases. Has anyone tried making their own case yet? I may try to get my mother to knit me one.
The manufactures don't have any of the specs for the ipads that's why you see the delay. Apple is a secretive company and the case makers find out the dimensions when we do. Check out marware I think they have a person in canada that sells cases. Don't hold me to it.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do companies not know when the iPad gets released? It's ridiculous standing in an apple store having to consider buying an iPad 1 case and cutting holes in it to adapt it for your iPad 2 because even they don't have new cases.

Knowing when it's coming out and having an actual device to work with are two different things. As a matter of fact, I did check Apple's own case specifications page -- Designing Cases for iPod, iPhone, and iPad - Apple Developer -- the day before iPad 2 was released, and it did not have any specs on the new device.

When I checked again on first-release day itself, the updated specs were there, which means that third-party case designers received the specs and hardware only at the same time that the rest of us did. No doubt an Apple marketing strategy to help push sales of their own smartcover, but maybe new iPad 2 owners need to have a bit of patience as well.

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it was a sales strategy. No one had any cases to buy except the smart cover. Don't get me wrong very nice cover but in no means a case.

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys! My first post here and I thought I should share what I have bout. Haven't received it yet thou.

Anyone with a good slim sleeve in neoprene please share :)

EDIT: Said, can't post links until my postcount reaches 3...

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laban said:
Hey guys! My first post here and I thought I should share what I have bout. Haven't received it yet thou.

Anyone with a good slim sleeve in neoprene please share :).

I have a number of neoprene sleeves (for iPad and laptop) - mostly no-brand Japanese-made sleeves which can be found on Fleabay.

I won a Timbuk2 Scuba sleeve in a competition, which is quite sleek but kind of pricey at full price -- http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/ipad-scuba-sleeve. On the other hand, you can find it less costly through other resellers, e.g. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0045I65KW/classicfromthesi[/ame]

B0045I65KW.01.IN01._SX350_SCLZZZZZZZ_V175233265_.jpg

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does every one use to protect back when using smart cover. I want to use smart cover as It keeps iPad thin though back isn't protected.

So was thinking skin on back so it doesn't scratch. But edges are still open to banging around.

Current I'm using a eBay special leather case thing though it doesn't really show it's thin ness.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not using anything on the back of mine when using my Smart Cover. Mainly because I'm going to be exchanging it soon because of the light leaking on the edges of the screen and didn't want to waste the money on a skin to only use it for a few months.
But I am getting a leather folio type case for it today, and it covers the back and has the magnets to work like a Smart Cover.
Currently no scratches on the back of mine. But after I exchange it, I may get a SkinIt skin or the Zagg Invisible Shield.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I'm finally done buying stuff after buying and returning a few things. I've settled on the zaggmate for ipad 2 and a sleeve from an etsy.com shop. I think that should do it. I have purchased and returned an invisible shield, a zagg leather skin, a barely there case by case-mate, and a switcheasy canvas. I'm pretty sure that qualifies for addicted, but I'm deciding to call it trial and error. *edit* oh and I had a smart cover for about 2 days too. It's all very sad. I know. :)

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I initially bought a cheap leather folio/stylus/screen protector combo off the bay for £8.90 shipped to the UK from Hong Kong figuring this will do me until better cases come out. This was purchased around the time of the US release and I was expecting issues with fitting but to be honest I am mightily impressed with the quality of it for the money. Don't get me wrong the screen protector was very generic and the stylus very poor indeed but the case is actually an excellent fit and surprisingly good quality.
I have just ordered a Chinao slim folio since this is the case I have on my iPad 1 which I love and I have also ordered a rev 2 Yoobao case to compare. I may end up keeping the cheaper Bay case and selling the two more expensive cases when they arrive but I would hate not having at least compared them.

Most reactions

Latest posts