What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody did an exchange at Best Buy? Nervous...

XciteMe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine at Best Buy 2 days ago... The backlight leak on the right-hand (and left) sides are a pain in the *** to me. Not acceptable, I realize most units will have SOME light leakage, but this is more on the "real bad" spectrum. Plus there's a red dead pixel.

So anyways I'm nervous and apprehensive about going there for an exchange - all I want is another 64GB iPad, same model - but from my past experiences BB has been not so kind with returns/exchanges.

If you dealt with a replacement unit @ BB, how did it go?

Thanks, I'd appreciate the input.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should have absolutely no reason to be nervous or aprehensive about going back to a store with a defective product. They need to make it good and exchange your iPad with no questions asked. My advice would be to go in and ask for the store manager right off the bat. You don't want to deal with some "associate" who may not be empowered to make the exchange and will most likely have to get it approved by the manager anyway so you might as well bypass that step.

Be assertive. Show some backbone. You have rights as a consumer. Don't let the big box store walk all over you!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
BB has always been good to me regarding exchanges. Sounds like your complaint is legit, you should have no problem. Start out friendly and nice, only turn into a monster if you have to!

Let us know how it turns out....

tianyaguke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
be careful when you buy thing

you should pay more attention when you buy something.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you should pay more attention when you buy something.

I'll pay attention to the cheap counterfeit illegal Gucci knockoffs that you advertise in your sig, OK?

Edit: Good move pulling that link!

Last edited:

rsmart22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have a good reason for return and in my experience with BB if there was a problem with something they sold they were more than happy to return/exchange.

ventus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no need to be nervous. You'll mostly like walk out with a brand spankin new iPad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might also want to take a friend with you when you go. Remember, stores stay in business because of their customers, not in spite of them! Can you say Circuit City???

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You might also want to take a friend with you when you go. Remember, stores stay in business because of their customers, not in spite of them! Can you say Circuit City???

Circuit City lost my business years ago.... When I saw they went out of business I was not surprised at all. BB is not perfect, but they are IMHO better than they used to be..... And I buy from them often....

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just go and return it and if they get confrontational ask for the manager and be firm in your position.

Most reactions

Latest posts