What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to verify my new iPad mini/retina has the retina display?

jimlittle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my new iPad mini w/retina display....works great but I can find no mention anywhere that it has the retina display on the iPad.....sure, the order form has it, but the box, the actual iPad....no mention....any way to verify that it has the retina display??

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just received my new iPad mini w/retina display....works great but I can find no mention anywhere that it has the retina display on the iPad.....sure, the order form has it, but the box, the actual iPad....no mention....any way to verify that it has the retina display??

G'day Jim, here's a screen shot that should help.
a4e3ujeg.jpg

I got that off this advice from Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5452
Enjoy your mini:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Take a screen capture, open the result in iphoto and look the resolution of the image. It is rather obvious by looking at the text on the display. If you can easily see dots in the characters, its not retina. There is also two microphone holes, one at the top and one on the back near the one on the top.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score

where did you receive the iPad mini retina from, as in if you ordered the retina model then thats what you should receive. Check the receipt too

Most reactions

Latest posts