What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Real Reviews on the new "Nuud" lifeproof case?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey all. This has been in development for over a year and maybe a nice alternative to Otterbox.. I am rather happy with my lifeproof iPhone case so now I would like some comments on the new Nuud case. They used a neat idea by using the iPad glass and O-ring to get a seal. Found a couple of YouTube vids.

Looks like it should work,

Last edited by a moderator:

talon66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched the promo video on it. Don't expect it to be anything like the iPhone case. I have one as well and I love it. The nuud case doesn't have a front screen the shell is designed to seal around the iPad screen itself the back of the case is a clear screen as to to see the apple. I was impressed and don't think they should of messed with something that wasn't broke.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not for me, but I hope you enjoy it!

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WOW this case is pricey @150.00 they are really pushing it at that price point. I love the idea of protection in the rain, but maybe a plastic bag in my backpack is a cheaper option. Maybe it will bounces when you drop it. Naw I don't. Think so.

fireanicz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all. This has been in development for over a year and maybe a nice alternative to Otterbox.. I am rather happy with my lifeproof iPhone case so now I would like some comments on the new Nuud case. They used a neat idea by using the iPad glass and O-ring to get a seal. Found a couple of YouTube vids.

For $50.00 less you could get a square trade warranty that protects you device completely for 2years. Life proof offers no warranty for the device if something happens to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love it!!!

So I coach my daughters soccer team outside a lot. I have another waterproof case I bought that is decent, it cost about $40 bought from a link in another forum thread.

I thought the lifeproof case price was high, but since I use it so much outside I thought it was worth it.

My first impression is that the design was very unique, they use the combination if an o ring and a rubber edge pressed hard against the glass to provide the waterproof seal. That means that the screen is bare. I do not use a screen protector so this is very cool in terms of leaving the case on it for everyday use. Since I ordered one of the initial they included the cover that also acts as a stand. Not sure I would want this without it. Can't use the smart cover with it so not sure what I would do in order to type without the case/stand.

It is less bulky than the otterbox and Griffen survivor case (owned both before). It definitely adds bulk , but I do like it relative to other cases I have had and tried. With it in the stand for typing (I am typing on it now to do this) the case acts as a nice little wrist rest and I think I am typing faster than without it.

If you use the case outside or near elements and can afford it the case is worth it in my humble opinion

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man oh. Man I want it, but I just can't get past that price. Are you telling me the screen cover is Not included?

Pearlbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^ By "screen cover" do you mean a screen protector........ because there is NO screen protector on the Lifeproof case. They also raised the price. It's now $160....YIKES!

Last edited:
OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw a plastic screen snap on cover that came with it. If this is not the case then they have priced me out of being Nuud.
I just won't go swimming with my iPad.

BrettS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a plastic screen snap on cover that came with it. If this is not the case then they have priced me out of being Nuud.
I just won't go swimming with my iPad.

The plastic screen protector is optional... It's $29.99 by itself, but it's included in the $159.99 package. You can also get the nuud case alone without the protector for $149.99.

I just (as in two hours ago) picked one up from Best Buy... Note that they offer the same deal... If you get the case and the protector together the cash register automatically brings the price down to $159.99.

I've got mixed feelings about it so far... This definitely adds some bulk and weight to the iPad. I had been using it nearly naked with just the Smart Cover and a zagg leather skin on the back, but this also offers a lot more protection and the water protection is amazing. I'll use it for a few days and see how I feel.

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only issue that I have run into so far is that the dock extender I have for my life proof case for the phone does not work with it in order to connect the digital AV adapter

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still chewing over this case. I've been happy with my Marware c.e.o case but I wanted more protection and want to be safe in the rain. Can I ask those who have one about the screen protector. It snaps on the front which is very nice, but does it also snap n the rear for storage while in use? I see it being a hassle if not because it will fall off the chair, take up room and be just another thing to take up processing cycles in my brain.
Also what do you think about the drop protection? Is thick enough to absorb a drop, it there room to protect the screen in a drop without the screen protector. Is it soft rubber or hard like the iPhone case?

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protector is hard plastic (not too thick) and translucent.

It takes 2-3x longer to get open than simply folding over a smart cover (not crazy about that) But the typing position and viewing position are good and it does not slide around like I thought it would.

I wished it snapped on somehow when using to type or view, but the iPad appears to just sit in it unless I am doing something wrong.

Absolutely feels like drops would be no issue unless (like any iPad case) you had it open without screen protector and you dropped it in a way that the screen hit like the corner if a table.

Also, I had bought the Otterbox utility kit a while ago that has a hand strap, shoulder sling, and another strap, but did not use it because with naked iPad felt like it was sliding off too easy. With this case it is working well so far.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can some one compare the Otterbox Reflex vs the lifeproof for weight and protection. I really like the idea of the screen cover snapping on the rear of the case while in use. For reasons stated above this is important to me. But drop protection is key so I just need an opinion on that aspect.

Most reactions