What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any graphic designers using the iPad?

Dark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a GD whose work mostly consist of copying and pasting other images into one large college. I use Photoshop and what I would like to do is create my basic design in iPad and then export it into Photoshop on my PC. I don't know if there is an app out there that will allow me to do that. I would also like to know how other graphic designers work with the iPad and which apps help make that possible.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages does a good basic picture manipulation but there are no fancy selection tools.

Actually I have not found any app so far that would do a lasso or point by point selection. I would appreciate finding one.

Drawing size is another elusive point, they all seem to do an output save in 8 1/2 by 11.

SketchBook Pro does layers and saves to psd via mail and iTunes.

I'm also looking forward to what others can find...

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
No ideal app for graphic design yet... I suppose this device is not a really serious productivity tool to handle those heavy professional duties.
Like iVan said, you can still do sketches with sketchbook pro anyway, it's pretty cool.

DrGrafix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a retired Industrial Designer, old school stuff like magic marker renderings using mixed media and have also had some mechanical engineering, graphic design, and photography in my background. I'm kinda' new to the iPad but decently schooled in computer graphics, have used Photoshop and CorelDraw quite a bit. Have also used Visio over the years for semi-technical drawings. Would love to see a Visio-like app to create quick working drawings to explain a concept. But I think of the iPad right now as more of a presentation piece rather than a development tool. But I am ancient LOL, and I'm sure some young guns will exploit the iPad.

I still do small private consulting/production jobs now and then, and I'm looking for a _convenient_ way to move selected individual image files even if they are Jpegs... from my iMac to my iPad. Not looking to move albums. I'd like to create sort of a digital portfolio of sorts.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a retired Industrial Designer, old school stuff like magic marker renderings using mixed media and have also had some mechanical engineering, graphic design, and photography in my background. I'm kinda' new to the iPad but decently schooled in computer graphics, have used Photoshop and CorelDraw quite a bit. Have also used Visio over the years for semi-technical drawings. Would love to see a Visio-like app to create quick working drawings to explain a concept. But I think of the iPad right now as more of a presentation piece rather than a development tool. But I am ancient LOL, and I'm sure some young guns will exploit the iPad. I still do small private consulting/production jobs now and then, and I'm looking for a _convenient_ way to move selected individual image files even if they are Jpegs... from my iMac to my iPad. Not looking to move albums. I'd like to create sort of a digital portfolio of sorts.

DrGrafix-
You might take a look at TouchDraw. It does a good job on Visio-like vector drawings and can open and edit Visio files if that is wanted.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a retired Industrial Designer, old school stuff like magic marker renderings using mixed media and have also had some mechanical engineering, graphic design, and photography in my background. I'm kinda' new to the iPad but decently schooled in computer graphics, have used Photoshop and CorelDraw quite a bit. Have also used Visio over the years for semi-technical drawings. Would love to see a Visio-like app to create quick working drawings to explain a concept. But I think of the iPad right now as more of a presentation piece rather than a development tool. But I am ancient LOL, and I'm sure some young guns will exploit the iPad.

I still do small private consulting/production jobs now and then, and I'm looking for a _convenient_ way to move selected individual image files even if they are Jpegs... from my iMac to my iPad. Not looking to move albums. I'd like to create sort of a digital portfolio of sorts.

Check out iDraw....it does a lot of similar things to Visio.

Hugo Wilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hugowilson.tk
I am a GD whose work mostly consist of copying and pasting other images into one large college. I use Photoshop and what I would like to do is create my basic design in iPad and then export it into Photoshop on my PC. I don't know if there is an app out there that will allow me to do that. I would also like to know how other graphic designers work with the iPad and which apps help make that possible.
Yes. I am a Graphics Designer and Founder of a Graphics Company. I could give you a couple of examples but I would need to know what main projects you do and which would highlight in that area.
-Hugo

Most reactions

Latest posts