What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any advise on ear buds with a mic?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok I'm addicted to my pad. I now use Whistle text for quick phone calls and is was looking for ear buds that sound good and have a mic for the phone. The built in phone app is free for 20 mins per call as long as you endure a ten sec advertisement.
So I currently use some cheap HTC buds do you have any advice..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Tour Beats by dre? They have a built in mic and phone control. Pricey but not bad.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would never buy Dre anythings just because I think there is a 30% markup for the name brand. Same with Bose. But I may give 'em another look

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ser182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was the same way about the beats by monster(Dr dre). I have the solo and can say they are worth 179.oo I paid. The bass is on point. I have not found cans for the same price that sound as good. Very impressed. Some people have gave them mixed because of the boomy bass. UM THEY WERE MADE for Dr Dre!!!! Test them out at the apple store.
I use EQu for my iPad and iPhone. This is a nice EQ. It is must buy if you like to tweak or have a bunch of different genres.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tried the Klipsh, they never would stay in my ears. Dre's well, I just don't see it.
So I think I'll go with what I know will last and work well Westone IEM; as soon as they come out.

Talk Series Earphone | Westone

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bose let me down, I got a pair at frys, I was very disappointed so to my supprise Frys accepted them back. Funny cause ear buds don't do well as used.

I know it sounds funny but I have tried a bunch of earbuds for $ to $$$ and ya just never know. I think its may be a personal thing. I wanted a cheap on the go headset for my IPAD and many of the recommendations I’ve already been through.
That’s why I'm gonna go with what I know has great support if they break and sound as I need. I know some are Bose types and some are skullcandy, klipsch and even the sennheiser which I like alot or the dreaded Dre’s.
I think I’ll stick with what I know will last years and sound to my liking. So I’ll wait on the Westone which I know will take a beating and sound great.

Most reactions

Latest posts