What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-virus protection

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Due to the way iOS is designed (app-centric vs. file-centric), getting a real virus is almost impossible.

Shalom,thank you ardchoille for your reply which is great to know and also safe to make any online transactions

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Shalom,thank you ardchoille for your reply which is great to know and also safe to make any online transactions
You're welcome. Yeah, iOS was the first OS that I've used wherein I've been the most comfortable.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Celia - as already stated, you need no malware protection for the iPad, but your statement concerning the 'safety' on online transactions is quite a different consideration if you are referring to bank exchanges, online purchases, credit card information, etc. You still need to be diligent in protecting yourself while online, e.g. the use of strong passwords, using trusted online sites, checking for well secured websites (e.g. https:// - which is done over a 'Secure Socket Layer' encrypting your data such as a credit card number), and common sense - just take care online. Dave :)

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Celia - as already stated, you need no malware protection for the iPad, but your statement concerning the 'safety' on online transactions is quite a different consideration if you are referring to bank exchanges, online purchases, credit card information, etc. You still need to be diligent in protecting yourself while online, e.g. the use of strong passwords, using trusted online sites, checking for well secured websites (e.g. https:// - which is done over a 'Secure Socket Layer' encrypting your data such as a credit card number), and common sense - just take care online. Dave :)

Thanks Dave for your advice,I appreciate the help I received from this forum

Most reactions

Latest posts