What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another getting Exchange email on the Ipad question.

chrisdiaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I know this issue has been posted quite a bit because I have been using the Search function here trying to research how to fix my issue, so I'm sorry for maybe beating a dead horse. I'm at a lose.

Getting my work email on my Ipad seems to be the last piece of the puzzle for me. I'm good with my Gmail, and I got my contacts and calendar synced up using ITunes. I have an Android phone and can get my Exchange email on it just fine. I know they are different devices, but both ask for the same settings. I keep getting messages that the account can't be verified or it can't contact the server etc.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Chris

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exchange email can be tricky because the settings have to be exact, and may be different those on your Android phone. Here are the settings I had to use to set up one of my Exchange Mail accounts on my iPad:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > MS Exchange

Email: Enter your current MS Exchange email address

Domain = Blank (may or may not be the case for yours, but when I entered our domain name it did not work)

Username = Your current username

Password = Your current password (case sensitive)

Description = Use default "Exchange"

Click "Next"

Email = Should already be filled in

Server = Your MS Exchange mail server (must be exact - get it from your mail admin if needed)

Domain = Leave blank (again, may or may not apply for your account)

Username = Should already be filled in

Password = Should already be filled in

Check the option boxes

That should do it, but if not, you'll probably need to contact your mail admin for specifics.

Hope that helps and others may chime in as well.

OP
C

chrisdiaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm doing. I'm the tech director for a school and I've entered every possible combination of server names and domain names. I asked my tech support guy and he is going to talk a look his next trip out. I can my work email via OWA so it's ok for now. Been working on this for a week. Ugh!

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using wifi or 3G for access? When we see that issue it is usually because the wifi is talking to our limited access set up only) wifi ssid and not the full access one.

OP
C

chrisdiaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured it out! Even though the connection failed, I had to save it, then uncheck the SSL box. Boom. Identical settings to the Android. Only took a week. Happy camper now. Have a great weekend.

Most reactions

Latest posts