What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another free iPad replacement

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only left the room for a minute or two, and I heard something hit the floor. The cat had pushed my iPad 2 off the counter and on to the hard tile floor. The case was unfortunately folded behind the iPad. My black 3G 64gb iPad screen was shattered.

I made a quick appointment at the Apple Store where I've bought both of my iPads. First they said they would replace it for $400. I told them I would check a different Apple Store, they said let us check something. The guy went in the back room and returned with a brand new iPad 2 as a free exchange.

He reminded me that this was a one-time courtesy as it's not Apple's fault if I drop the iPad.

This is incredible customer service! Exchanging an abused $829 iPad on the spot is way above and beyond Apple's liability. Thank you Apple!

PS - The cat is still among the living. :)

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant news and I'm sure it will come as great news for other Members too that Apple often do offer this 'once only' exchange for an iPad that's been damaged - i.e. not warranty issue. We sometimes hear a lot of 'Apple bashing' going on in the media and sometimes even on iPad Forum - so thank you for letting us know that Apple really can be a great company!!

Tim

OP
T

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is wonderful! Just out of curiosity, how long have you had your iPad?

I've had it since launch day on March 11. Fortunately it had no backlight bleed issues, and the new one is perfect too. :)

Reaction score
That totally sounds like something my cat or dog would do. Had my dog do that to my laptop when it was left on the couch for 30 seconds. Glad it got replaced. I love Apple and ALL of their products!

Most reactions

Latest posts