What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analyst thinks that the iPad mini will be the doom of other tablets

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
KevinJS

Glad you are not in charge.

High import tariffs only punish consumers.

NAFTA by the way has no authority to do anything even remotely similar to what you suggest. You might want to Google it and see what the North American Free Trade Agreement actually does and why it was created.

Consumers are also punished when they lose their jobs to dime a dozen foreign labor. If consumers have no job or have a crappy job then they can't buy stuff. NAFTA isn't such a good thing. No google needed to determine that. Profit is good but so is a strong working class. They can both be balanced a little better, IMO. Sorry to have gone off for a second there. Just not a big NAFTA fan.

But, that all being said, the iPad is a cool device. I'm not sure if the mini is gonna put the others out of business though. The kindle fire is a fine product and so are some of the other tablets out there. The mini felt rushed to me, like just in time for Christmas. We shall see.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But, that all being said, the iPad is a cool device. I'm not sure if the mini is gonna put the others out of business though. The kindle fire is a fine product and so are some of the other tablets out there. The mini felt rushed to me, like just in time for Christmas. We shall see.

I agree that it is likely that Apple released the mini before they could perfect the technology need to delivery it with a 2048x1536 screen (326ppi) with 10+ hour battery life, very light weight, and good thermals. The current mini beats the pants of the GN7 in terms of battery life, iirc.

Also, I think Apple would do well to not think of the iPad 4 as is flashship tablet. A version of mini, with the above characteristics in place, would trounce iPad 4. It could be offered as an alternative to a 10-inch tablet and have the same price.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CoreDump said:
A Panda is cute too but I wouldn't want one as a pet. Apple seems to insist on making huge profits on the backs of consumers and the teenagers who make their products. There are other tablets which actually are more innovative and provide better features than the Ipad in either size. I was interested in the Mini until once again Apple decided to under-spec and over-price. Maybe in 6 months the New mini will go Retina and stun more uninformed people into shelling out large wads of cash to prop up Apple's falling market share.

The reason consumers and teenagers like apple is because they are a no nonsense design, easy to use and with itunes and app store have a great eco system that rivals like samsung have failed to emulate. The seamless integration between devices also make apple designed products more popular. In my workplace when i use the xerox coppier which have touch screen, i with apple designed the ios on it. When i go to the gym i see tonnes of white apple head phones connected to various apples from ipod touch to mini's. apple products are not cheap, and given they are so popular shows that people are not idiots either, they are willing to pay more for a BETTER technology. Luckily for people with less means they have alternatives in the form of crackberry, samsung , htc. I bet these non apple users with they had the real item instead of the fake one with inferior operating systems and no user friendliness

RIP Steve Jobs 

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Come on now, Good Karma. There is no such thing as a worthless post. We can agree to disagree with certain points of view, but behind every post is a real human being who has reasons for what and how they think.

The diversity represented here is part of what makes this forum great.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Come on now, Good Karma. There is no such thing as a worthless post. We can agree to disagree with certain points of view, but behind every post is a real human being who has reasons for what and how they think.

I was gonna say. I know many people who have the means to buy mostly what they want and they have Samsung galaxies or HTC phones. The kindle fire isn't a bad device, especially in HD trim. Don't assume that everyone without apple products just can't or won't pay for them. It's just a choice they've made, much like I did to buy my iPad 2. It's just an extreme view, IMO.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
The Retina Display which Apple offers in some of their devices.

Just saw on cnet that there are already rumblings about a retina mini iPad in the works. I wouldn't be surprised.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason consumers and teenagers like apple is because they are a no nonsense design, easy to use and with itunes and app store have a great eco system that rivals like samsung have failed to emulate. The seamless integration between devices also make apple designed products more popular. In my workplace when i use the xerox coppier which have touch screen, i with apple designed the ios on it. When i go to the gym i see tonnes of white apple head phones connected to various apples from ipod touch to mini's. apple products are not cheap, and given they are so popular shows that people are not idiots either, they are willing to pay more for a BETTER technology. Luckily for people with less means they have alternatives in the form of crackberry, samsung , htc. I bet these non apple users with they had the real item instead of the fake one with inferior operating systems and no user friendliness

I went from iPhone 4S 64GB (which was the current model at the time) to a Samsung Galaxy Note. Cost wasn't an issue. I still have both of them. I can easily afford an iPhone 5, but have no interest in one. If I were going to upgrade my phone again now, even though I don't need one, I'd go for the new model Samsung Note. If I were offered a free iPhone 5 or a new Note, I'd choose the Note without hesitation. It's silly to assume that price is an issue when you don't know others' buying power or preferences.

I find my Samsung Note easy to use. It's not rocket science, lol.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:

Such a good moderator!!! Very nice post!!

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts