What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analyst Says Apple Might Release 7-Inch iPad Mini Later This Year

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
ipad-mini.JPG

Computerworld reports on the thoughts of Ezra Gottheil, an analyst with Technology Business, who aside from agreeing with recent rumours that the next iPad will have a high-res display, questions whether or not it will have a quad-core processor, saying that he expects the iPad 3 to have a faster dual-core system-on-a-chip instead. He also believes that the next iPad will have Siri, but possibly most surprising of all, Gottheil says that he believes that Apple will be releasing a 7-inch “mini†iPad at some point this year, as well as a wireless keyboard-case accessory for the iPad. This is the first we’ve heard of Apple possibly releasing a smaller tablet for quite some time, with the rumour mill going very quiet on that particular matter lately, mainly because of Steve Jobs’ previous statement that a 7-inch tablet would be too small for the sort of quality level Apple wanted to maintain with its apps. A bit of a bolt from the blue, this one, but you never know, stranger things have happened![/FONT] (Note that the small iPad in the picture isn't a real one, just a mock-up that the guy in the picture made a while ago!)

[FONT=&amp]Source: March debut of 'iPad 3' a sure bet, says analyst - Computerworld[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]via 9to5 Mac[/FONT]

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One article says "yes" another says "no". No one will know until Apple releases the finished product!!! :(

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These guys are all just guessing in order to have something to write about.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
These guys are all just guessing in order to have something to write about.

Yup!!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if they did come out with a 7 inch ipad i would not buy it its way to small for me

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another rumour I'm afraid. I'd never want a smaller screen. You may as well have a larger iPhone and be done with it. I love this size and if Steve Jobs felt that this size was the only one after years of research, well, I go with him.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AsmHayley says, just rumors, the current size of the ipad 1 and 2 is perfect, so no need for a smaller screen size

RIP Steve Jobs 

Most reactions

Latest posts